Tuckshop is open on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays for both first and second break. It is staffed by volunteers and a paid convenor. The tuckshop’s menu is based on Education Queensland’s Healthy Food and Drink Supply Strategy for Queensland State Schools, which is now mandatory. The menu is updated regularly and menu suggestions are welcome, especially for people with special dietary needs.
The tuckshop relies on volunteers to prepare the food and serve the children. It is a brilliant way of meeting other parents, staff and children and generally keeping up with what’s happening around the school.
You can volunteer for:
a full tuckshop day (8.50am – 2pm)
first break only (until 11.30am), which is the busiest time
a short time to do a small job such as cooking pikelets or cutting salad items.
Please contact the tuckshop convenor if you would like to volunteer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ordering your child’s lunch
- Choose items from the Tuckshop menu (PDF, 634KB)
- Use a brown/white paper bag with a written order on it. The food will be returned to your child in the bag.
- Include your child’s name, class, item/s desired and the break at which the order is required, for example:
Albert Einstein, 5H
5 x pikelets with butter
1 fruit cup
(Also add the price of each item and a total)
- Enclose correct money if possible. Change will be provided if necessary. Please let your child know if they should expect change otherwise it may end up in the rubbish bin.
- Deliver the bag to the tuckshop before school starts. Prep orders are taken to the children in their classroom. Children in other year levels collect their orders from the tuckshop.
Parents are encouraged to place orders online at our online ordering website.