It is our pleasure to welcome International students to Kenmore State School. Our school is a diverse, tolerant and multicultural school.
Our school has a strong tradition of building strong partnership within our community to provide outstanding opportunities for our students in their learning, growth and development.
Our school philosophy is built around the school vision: Strive-Create-Achieve, providing the firm foundation for everyone in our school community to pursue their goals and aspirations.
Many of our students have come to Australia from overseas and have benefited from the experienced and supportive environment our school has to offer.
We look forward to working with your child, ensuring their success as a learner.
Key features of our school of interest to many International students are:
- Academic performance above State averages with leadership in curriculum programs within the region and Kenmore Alliance of Schools.
- International students may continue into the local Kenmore State High School International Student Program or other ISP Programs.
- Vibrant, bright classroom and instrumental music programs involving many students in choral, strings, band and instrumental programs.
- High-performing sports teams – district percentage champions for two consecutive years.
- Enrichment and Extension Program: digital technology, junior engineers, community, sport, arts, Student leadership of groups and in a global world.
- Every year level participates in an excursion linked to the classroom learning and curriculum. Parents are emailed with information about the excursion at the start of every year including information about cost. From Prep to Year 4 excursion costs average about $25. Year 5 students attend a 3 day camp (costing approximately $270) and Year 6 students participate in a week long trip to Canberra (costing approximately $700).